Friday, January 23, 2009

Inauguration memories



Well the day was as great as I imagined they would be.
The only regret I had...that I wasn't there,
but I found myself standing to watch the events.
Too important to sit I suppose, made me feel I was a part of it.

It was moving, found myself tearing up several times
& crying at other times, just so emotional.

I did watch everything...from beginning to almost the end.
Had to leave in the evening to go watch a basketball game.
Then found late, late I could watch the whole thing over :)
but alas I could not stay awake.

As you watched the crowd I was remembering the events we went
to through the campaign. The feeling of togetherness with the
people around you was so refreshing, the diversity of the people
was always so surprising and pleasing.
I've heard there was no incidents and that makes me proud.

I've been very impressed with the new presidents first days also.
I do think he's going to be good for this country.
A breath of fresh air, being open & explanatory
& I liked the greeting that Hillary got yesterday.
She seems to be in the right spot.

Well we certainly need to keep him & his family in our prayers.

Now back to my real world of chaos.

1 Comments:

Blogger jennifer lara said...

I fell the same :)
I Recorded it and keep watching it
wish i could give you a copy but it is traped in my dvr, I wonder if i could could tape it to our vcr somehow, i just want to keep it forever. back to my chaos :)

January 24, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home